Earth day is the perfect time to teach our children about the Earth, what a gift it is to us and how we can be good stewards and take care of it. It is our God-given mandate to care for His creation. Earth day is a time to educate, learn, reflect and make changes that will benefit the future. To celebrate, I thought I would make this free Earth day printable pack!
Related Article: How to Raise Eco-Conscious Kids
This free printable includes 5 pages with 4 fun activities! The activities include:
- Three R’s worksheet
- Have your child work through three ways they can reduce, reuse and recycle!
- Earth Day I Spy game
- Play this “I spy” game and look through pictures of some of the beautiful things we can find on our amazing planet!
- Color By Letter Coloring Page
- Let your child practice their letter recognition and coloring skills with this cute color by letter page
- Earth Day Scavenger Hunt
- Finally, we can do our part and clean the streets! Use the Scavenger hunt to find trash and dispose of it properly.
These activities will help bring awareness to how important our Earth is and how we can help to keep to keep it clean.
About Earth Day
In the year 1970, Senator Gaylord Nelson created what we now celebrate every 22nd of April, Earth day, for the purpose of raising awareness of the need for environmental care.
Since the first Earth day many years ago, many changes have taken place all over the world. Many people have joined the fight against climate change and have taken steps to live a greener lifestyle.
Today, we must continue working together to create more change for a better tomorrow. There are many great resources out there that can help teach our children about how to become environmentally friendly.
Check out this great article for tips on how parents can find ways to teach their children how to care for the environment at every age.
Love this free Earth Day Printable? Add your email to the mailing list and get access to a growing library of free printables!
Check these out:
Check out these Recycled toys activities that you can do with your kids: