Are you looking for an easy DIY activity for your toddler or preschooler? This DIY color matching caterpillar is perfect! It requires minimal materials, quick to put together and provides endless fun for your child!
Not only is this activity fun, but it also helps your child with color recognition and also helps to strengthen fine motor skills. You and your child will have fun making this together. Who doesn’t like making their own toys?
Disclaimer: This site contains affiliate links to products. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no cost to you.
How to Make a DIY Color Matching Caterpillar
How to Assemble
- In order to make this color matching caterpillar, start off by either cutting circles from different color construction paper or paint circles onto paper/cardstock. Make 8 large circles and a few rows of the different color dots in different patterns.
2. Next, cut out the larger circles and cut the smaller circles into strips.
3. After this, glue the larger circles onto clothespins
4. Lastly, cut out a strip of cardboard and draw te antenna and legs
5. Now youre ready to play! Have your child build the caterpillar by matching the latger circles with the color strips!
Love this activity? Try out these other amazing and fun ideas and don’t forget to share!
Don’t forget to subscribe and stay up to date on all the latest craft and activity ideas as well as get access to a growig library of free printables for your little one to enjoy!